Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Although Chinese medicine views pain as one aspect of a pattern, focusing on pain as the main presenting symptom is a practical approach to arriving at a diagnosis. This text gives a thorough and analytical review of the diagnosis and treatment options for pain, using acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. Based on the clinical experience of the author and supported by the expertise of respected acupuncturists in Chinese universities, The Treatment of Pain with Chinese Herbs and Acupuncture offers a comprehensive, detailed set of treatments for a wide variety of pain symptoms and conditions. Detailed modifications of specific treatments help the reader adapt theories to clinical practice.
- Includes thorough discussions of herbal and acupuncture treatments for common and complex pain conditions.
- Deals comprehensively with pain as the most common clinical presenting symptom.
- Presents treatment plans and suggests modifications to these plans, offering a wide range of treatment options.
- Includes detailed case histories that serve as examples of how to approach specific situations.
- Describes the etiologies and pathologies for pain in the context of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Offers clear discussions on the principles of treatment, and acupuncture point selection and combination.
- Explains and describes herbal and acupuncture treatments for common and complex pain conditions.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION