Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Written specifically for the experienced nurse enrolled in an RN-to-BSN program, this text guides nurses through an interactive critical thinking process to become effective and confident nurse leaders. All nurses involved with direct patient care already rely on similar strategies to oversee patient safety, make care decisions, and integrate plan of care in collaboration with patients and families. This text expands upon that knowledge and provides a firm base to reach the next steps in academia and practice, enabling the BSN-prepared nurse to tackle serious issues in care delivery with a high level of self-awareness and skill.
Leadership and Management Competence in Nursing Practice relies on a keen understanding of what experienced nurses already bring to the classroom. This text provides a core framework and useful skills and strategies to successfully lead nursing and healthcare forward. Clear, concise chapters cover leadership skills and personal attributes of leaders with minimal repetition of material covered in associates degree programs. Content builds on the framework of AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education, IOM Competencies, and QSEN KSAs. Each chapter presents case scenarios to promote critical thinking and decision-making. Self-assessment tools featured throughout the text enable nurses to evaluate their current strengths, areas for growth, and learning needs.
- Provides information needed for the associates degree nurse to advance to the level of professionally prepared baccalaureate degree nurse
- Chapters contain critical thinking exercises, vignettes, and case scenarios targeted to the RN-to-BSN audience
- Self-assessment tools included in most chapters to help the reader determine where they are now on the topic and to what point they need to advance to obtain competence and confidence in the professional nursing role
- Provides information and skills needed by nurses in a variety of healthcare settings
- Includes an instructors manual and PowerPoint slides
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION