Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Using a case-based approach, Mosby's Paramedic Refresher and Review: A Case Studies Approach, 2nd Edition, offers the most realistic view of prehospital emergency care. This unique text is the only case-based text available covering all of the information needed for paramedic refresher and certification preparation and review. In a concise, user-friendly format, the text features basic concepts of patient assessment and treatment, incorporating anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology in the context of actual patient encounters. Each chapter presents several real-life emergency scenarios. Questions and answers follow for immediate feedback.
- Unique! The only case-based text on the market today for paramedics who are recertifying or taking the National Registry exam for the first time.
- The case-based approach uses actual patient encounters for realistic learning and increased retention to make information more easily applicable in the field.
- The text relates anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology to patient signs and symptoms to promote understanding at the most basic levels, which means a more thorough grasp of the topic and better performance in the field.
- Content overviews! Each chapter provides a brief summary of the subject matter and integrates the content into patient scenarios to maximize comprehension.
- Each case includes the final diagnosis and outcomes based on actual patient situations.
- Questions, Answers, and Outcomes in each chapter encourage critical thinking skills and help the reader appreciate the consequences of decisions. A concise, one-column design provides a user-friendly format.
- Two new chapters - Scene Management and Weapons of Mass Destruction.
- Updated throughout to reflect the most current research, updated pharmacologic interventions, and new treatment standards.
- Chapters have been organized in the order of the National Standard Curriculum (NSC).
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION