Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Nature writing and photography at their exciting best. North America's wildlife have endured the challenges put to them -- human encroachment, changing climates, and increased pollution -- with new trials forcing them to adapt as best they can. Their struggles and remarkable strategies are chronicled in North American Wildlife.
Complementing the compelling writing of David Jones are 400 of the most intriguing in-the-wild moments of wildlife ever captured:
- A grizzly digging for razor clams on the shores of the Pacific
- Wolves nursing their pups high in the Rocky Mountains
- A Florida panther resting in the sun
- Cougars and bobcats hunting
- Rabbits, hares, raccoons, and pikas foraging for food
- Stellar sea lions sunbathing off the Baja peninsula
- Humpback whales feeding near Alaska's coastal fjords
The expansive parklands of North America provide a stunning backdrop for this dramatic close-up look at life in the wild.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION