Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
CSS expertise is now vital for every professional web designer and developer, but CSS and its associated technologies have grown more complex as they've become more powerful and flexible. In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours will help you master every CSS3 technique, concept, and skill you need to fully control how your pages and sites will appear in any web or mobile browser. Unlike older books that endlessly rehash the absolute basics of first-generation CSS, this book dives right into today's most important CSS skills and topics. Each short, easy lesson builds on all that's come before, guiding you smoothly to mastery. CSS expert Jennifer Kyrnin covers all this, and much more:
- Making smart decisions about using CSS, based on your desired effects and browser support
- Designing for mobile devices and platforms
- Gaining total control over typography, text, and colors
- Specifying images, multimedia, shapes, backgrounds, and borders
- Generating visual content with CSS and SVG
- Establishing consistent and workable layouts, grids, and page structures
- Using CSS in Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Building CSS3 animations, transformations, and transitions
- Programming CSS: conditionals, variables, cursors, and pointers
- Using Sass and other powerful pre-processors
- Working with modern CSS editors and online tools
- Previewing the future of CSS, including CSS4 selectors, Cascading Script Sheets, and CLISS
Throughout, step-by-step instructions walk you through common questions, issues, and tasks; Q-and-As, Quizzes, and Exercises build and test your knowledge; Did You Know? tips offer insider advice and shortcuts; and Watch Out! alerts help you avoid problems. By the time you're finished, you'll have all the skills and code you'll need to build great CSS3 websites -- for any browser, device size, platform, or environment.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION