Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
The Classics of Western Philosophy brings together 61 newly-commissioned essays on classic texts ranging from Ancient Greece to the twentieth century. Surveying the history of philosophy, the book focuses on historical texts rather than historical figures and covers the entire range of classics in a single volume.
- Provides 61 chapters written by leading experts on the classics of Western thought.
- Includes current references to the scholarly literature in addition to a select bibliography of major articles and books.
- Contributors include C.D.C. Reeve on Plato's Republic, Terrence Irwin on Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics, Dominic O'Meara on Plotinus' Enneads, James Ross on Aquinas' Summa Theologiae, Don Garrett on Spinoza's Ethics, Allen Wood on Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, Stephen Houlgate on Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit, Michael Dummett on Frege's ber Sinn und Bedeutung,' Hanjo Glock on Wittgenstein's Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus and David Woodruff Smith on Husserl's Logical Investigations.
- Surveys the history of philosophy by focussing on the historical texts rather than historical figures.
- Covers the entire range of classics in a single volume.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION