Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
World Cinema through Global Genres introduces the complex forces of global filmmaking using the popular concept of film genre. The cluster-based organization allows students to acquire a clear understanding of core issues that apply to all films around the world.
- Innovative pedagogical approach that uses genres to teach the more unfamiliar subject of world cinema
- A cluster-based organization provides a solid framework for students to acquire a sharper understanding of core issues that apply to all films around the world
- A deep focus section in each chapter gives students information and insights about important regions of filmmaking (India, China, Japan, and Latin America) that tend to be underrepresented in world cinema classes
- Case studies allow students to focus on important and accessible individual films that exemplify significant traditions and trends
- A strong foundation chapter reviews key concepts and vocabulary for understanding film as an art form, a technology, a business, an index of culture, a social barometer, and a political force.
- The engaging style and organization of the book make it a compelling text for both world cinema and film genre courses
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION