Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Regarded as the citable treatise in the field, the 6th Edition of Legal Medicine explores and illustrates the legal implications of medical practice and the special legal issues arising from managed care. Edited by the American College of Legal Medicine Textbook Committee, it features comprehensive discussions on a myriad of legal issues that health care professionals face every day. Substantially expanded and written in a plain manner, this New Edition includes 30 brand-new chapters that address the hottest topics in the field today. Will also serve as the syllabus for the Board Review Course of the American Board of Legal Medicine (ABLM) (March 2004).
- Addresses the legal aspects of almost every medical topic that impacts health care professionals.
- Uses actual case studies to illustrate nuances in the law.
- Discusses current trends in the peer review process physician-assisted suicide and managed care organizations.
- Offers the expert guidance of top professionals across medical and legal fields in an easy to read format.
- Includes a glossary of medical terms.
- Features 30 brand-new chapters that address the hottest topics in the field, including health care professional impairment complementary and alternative medicine patents, intellectual property and licenses HIPPA privacy rules legal aspects of bioterrorism and many more.
- Includes expanded information on existing chapters, such as Telemedicine and Electronic Mail Medical and Scientific Expert Testimony Medical Records and Disclosure About Patients and Liability Exposure Facing Managed Care Organizations.
- Presents extended coverage in the Professional Medical Liability section, as well as the Forensic Science and Medicine section to include forensic engineering forensic toxicology forensic entomology and forensic odontology.
- And more.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION