Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Since its release in 1994, Killing Zone: A Professional's Guide to Preparing and Preventing Ambushes has been hailed by military professionals for its clarity and depth of understanding of ambushes. Now, this classicbook has been retitled and thoroughly revised and updated for today's evolving battlefield.
Ambush! contains much of the original material drawn from author Gary Stubblefield's experiences in Vietnam and beyond as a U.S. Navy SEAL and counterinsurgency expert Mark Monday's decades of research and analysis. Now the book has been reorganized and expanded based on the battlefield knowledge of U.S. Army Special Forces Lt. Col. Joshua Potter, a decorated combat veteran of Iraq who used, refined, and updated the original edition.
Ambush! incorporates the expertise of combat veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan, security contractors, and Special Operations professionals who have set up ambushes in war-torn Central and South America, Africa, and the Philippines. It includes:
- A revised look at the anatomy, operational cycle, and warning signs of an ambush
- Lessons learned from conducting, preventing, and countering ambushes in Afghanistan and Iraq
- Procedures for dealing with ambushes involving IEDs
- Counterambush and antiambush tactics, techniques, and procedures utilizing current technology, as well aslow-tech and improvised solutions
- Special considerations for NGOs operating in contested areas
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION