Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
The fully updated industry-standard guide to maintenance planning and scheduling
Written by a Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) with more than three decades of experience, this thoroughly revised resource provides proven planning and scheduling strategies that will take any maintenance organization to the next level of performance. The book covers the accuracy of time estimates, the level of detail in job plans, creating schedules, staging material, utilizing a CMMS, and more, all designed for increasing your workforce without hiring.
Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Handbook, Third Edition features major additions to the business case for planning and scheduling, new case studies, an expanded chapter on KPIs with sample calculations, a new chapter on successful outage management, and a new appendix illustrating how to easily conduct an in-house productivity study. New discussions reveal how the principles of planning and scheduling closely follow the timeless management principles of Dr. W. Edwards Deming and Dr. Peter F. Drucker. This comprehensive guide delivers the experience, advice, and know-how necessary to establish a world-class maintenance operation.
Detailed coverage of:
- The business case for the benefit of planning
- Planning principles
- Scheduling principles
- Dealing with reactive maintenance
- Basic planning
- Advance scheduling
- Daily scheduling and supervision
- Forms and resources
- The computer in maintenance
- How planning interacts with preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and project work
- How to control planning and use associated KPIs for planning and overall maintenance
- Shutdown, turnaround, overhaul, and outage management
- Conclusion: start planning
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION