Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
A great photograph has the potential to transcend verbal and written language. But how do you create these photographs? Its not the how thats important, but the who and the what. Who you are as a person has a direct impact on what you capture as a photographer.
Whether you are an amateur or professional, architect or acupuncturist, physician or photographer, this guide provides inspiration, simple techniques, and assignments to boost your creative process and improve your digital images using natural light without additional gear.
Chris Orwigs insightsto reduce and simplify, participate rather than critique, and capture a storyhave made him an immensely popular workshop speaker and faculty member at the prestigious Brooks Institute. His engaging stories presented as lessons follow his classroom approach and highlight what students say is his contagious passion for life.
In this accessible and beautifully illustrated four-color guide you will:
- Discover visual poetry in the creative process
- Use less to say more with your subject matter
- Learn to see light, color, shape, and expression
- Understand what gear is essential
- Create compelling portraits
- Make lasting memories of your family and kids
- Capture the outdoors and adventure
- Begin the transition from amateur to professional
Share your work with the author and other readers at www.flickr.com/groups/visual-poet and visit the Web site: www.visual-poet.com.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION