Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Part of the Nursing Secrets Series and written in a question & answer format, Triage Nursing Secrets begins with an overview of triage nursing and moves to a significant section on symptoms and a final section on issues and competencies. This practical resource is a collection of pearls of wisdom and tricks of the trade to aid effective nurse triage decisions. Content includes guiding principles, objective criteria, mnemonics/memory aids, discriminators, determinants from standardized triage systems and differences between the typical presentation of men vs. women in various conditions including stroke, chest pain, and domestic violence.
- Written by experts in the field of triage nursing for the most authoritative information.
- Key Points boxes emphasize the most important material in each chapter.
- Internet Resources in appropriate chapters provide sources for further studying and reference.
- Mnemonics/memory aids help readers remember important concepts.
- Top Secrets of triage nursing are included in the front matter for quick reference.
- Topical chapters are included on disaster and terrorism issues, as well as the always-changing regulatory issues in triage nursing.
- Engaging, straightforward Question-and-Answer format makes it easy to look up needed facts and information in any setting.
- Visually appealing two-color design makes material accessible and reader-friendly.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION