Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Basic Pharmacology for Nurses, 14th edition, is a contemporary classic nursing pharmacology textbook known for its impeccably accurate drug content and its practical applications of the nursing process. A consistent emphasis on health promotion through medication monitoring and patient education is a hallmark of the book. Introductory units ground the reader in basic principles of pharmacology and medication administration, and subsequent body-system units apply the nursing process to every major disorder and drug class to promote safe medication administration.
- Provides an overview of relevant pathophysiology with an application of the nursing process in each drug chapter, followed by an application of the nursing process to each applicable drug class.
- Covers the pharmacology of all major classes of drugs, emphasizing side effects to expect, side effects to report, drug interactions, and more.
- Emphasizes patient education and health promotion with easy-to-recognize Patient Education and Health Promotion headings and reproducible Patient Self-Assessment forms.
- Provides need-to-know coverage of herbal therapies and dietary supplements with an Herbal and Dietary Supplement Therapy chapter, plus Herbal Interactions boxes throughout the chapters.
- A new chapter on cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome addresses the emerging links among cardiovascular disease, hypertension, dyslipidemia, obesity, and Type II diabetes.
- Medication Safety Review sections at the end of each chapter include NCLEX Examination-style Content Review Questions, as well as Math Review Questions and Critical Thinking Questions.
- Updated nursing diagnoses throughout reflect the 2005-2006 NANDA list of approved diagnoses.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION