Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Using and Interpreting Statistics is a uniquely engaging and easy-to-understand introductory statistics text for the health, behavioral, and social sciences, as well as general statistics courses. Written by an award-winning master teacher, this full-color text - the only full-color statistics text on the market - covers all the essential topics needed for a first course in statistics. It uses a variety of memorable examples not only from the health, behavioral, and social sciences, but also from everyday life to help drive home important topics and help students apply the material to their course of study. In addition, a unique collection of research-based learning aids promotes in-depth learning. Features include Chapter Roadmaps, Group Practice Exercises, Review Exercises and Homework Problems, and a unique Tom and Harry mnemonic that helps students routinize statistical decision-making.
- UNIQUE! The book's engaging writing style and unique personality make the study of statistics not only understandable but enjoyable.
- UNIQUE! Printed in full color, with approximately 120 illustrations.
- UNIQUE! Examples from nursing, health sciences, behavioral sciences, social sciences, and everyday life help students in a variety of programs understand and apply key concepts.
- UNIQUE! Group Practice Exercises are included throughout the chapters, and Review Exercises and Homework Problems appear at the end of each chapter.
- Answers to Review Exercises are included at the end of the text, and answers to Homework Problems and Group Practice Exercises are provided for faculty.
- UNIQUE! Incorporates research-based learning principles to promote deeper processing of material and long-term learning.
- UNIQUE! Engaging Looking Closer footnotes provide additional information of interest and offer a welcome diversion during study sessions.
- UNIQUE! A recurring Tom and Harry mnemonic - Tom And Harry Despise Crabby Infants - reminds students of the process involved in a statistical analysis: Test, Assumptions, Hypothesis, Decision rule, Calculations, Interpretation.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION