Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Promoting safe and effective nursing care, Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 5th Edition standardizes the terminology and criteria needed to measure and evaluate outcomes that result from nursing interventions. Nearly 500 research-based nursing outcome labels including 107that are NEW to this edition help to standardize expected patient outcomes. Specific indicators make it easier to evaluate and rate the patient in relation to outcome achievement. Written by an expert author team led by Sue Moorhead, this book is ideal for practicing nurses, students, educators, researchers, and administrators seeking to improve cost containment and patient outcomes.
- 490 research-based nursing outcome labels promote standardization of expected patient outcomes.
- Definitions, lists of indicators, publication facts lines, and references provide all of the information you need to understand outcomes.
- A label name, definition, set of indications, 5 point Likert measurement scale, a publication facts line, and selected references are presented for each outcomes.
- Linkages between NOC outcomes and 2012-2014 NANDA-I Diagnoses and Functional Health Patterns promote clinical decision-making.
- Core outcomes are included for specialty practice across care settings.
- 107 NEW outcome labels allow you to better define patient outcomes that are responsive to nursing care.
NEW! Health Management class added to the NOC taxonomy includes outcomes that describe the individuals role in the management of an acute or chronic condition.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION