Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
The only radiation therapy text written by radiation therapists, Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy, 4th Edition helps you understand cancer management and improve clinical techniques for delivering doses of radiation. A problem-based approach makes it easy to apply principles to treatment planning and delivery. New to this edition are updates on current equipment, procedures, and treatment planning. Written by radiation therapy experts Charles Washington and Dennis Leaver, this comprehensive text will be useful throughout your radiation therapy courses and beyond.
- Comprehensive coverage of radiation therapy includes a clear introduction and overview plus complete information on physics, simulation, and treatment planning.
- Spotlights and shaded boxes identify the most important concepts.
- End-of-chapter questions provide a useful review.
- Chapter objectives, key terms, outlines, and summaries make it easier to prioritize, understand, and retain key information.
- Key terms are bolded and defined at first mention in the text, and included in the glossary for easy reference.
- UPDATED chemotherapy section, expansion of What Causes Cancer, and inclusions of additional cancer biology terms and principles provide the essential information needed for clinical success.
- UPDATED coverage of post-image manipulation techniques includes new material on Cone beam utilization, MR imaging, image guided therapy, and kV imaging.
- NEW section on radiation safety and misadministration of treatment beams addresses the most up-to-date practice requirements.
- Content updates also include new ASRT Practice Standards and AHA Patient Care Partnership Standards, keeping you current with practice requirements.
- UPDATED full-color insert is expanded to 32 pages, and displays images from newer modalities.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION