Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
A great reading conference only takes five minutes, but its impact can last a lifetime. That's because conferences are the critical, one-to-one teaching that forms the backbone of reading instruction. Conferring with Readers shows you how to confer well and demonstrates why a few moments with students every week can put them on the path to becoming better, more independent readers.
- research a student's use of skills through questions and observations
- compliment to support and build upon successes
- follow up on prior instruction for accountability and depth of understanding
- explain a reading strategy by providing an explicit purpose and context
- model the strategy to make the invisible brainwork of reading more visible
- guide a readerinpracticing the strategy
- link the strategy to independent reading.
- matching students to just-right books
- reinforcing students' strengths
- supporting students during whole-class studies
- helping students move from one reading level to the next
- holding students accountable for previous learning
- deepening students' conversations about books in order to deepen their thinking.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION