Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
I cannot imagine being a teacher and not having a resource like this at my fingertips.So my advice to fellow teachers is to get the book and get busy engaging your students in ways you never thought possible.
- P. David Pearson
University of California, Berkeley
This updated edition of Revisit, Reflect, Retell incorporates the newestapproaches to enhancing students'higher- level cognitiveskills inteacher friendly ways.
- Robert J. Marzano
Coauthor of Building Academic Vocabulary
This exciting update of Hoy's classic Revisit, Reflect, Retell helps us see how comprehension skills are really thinking skills - how our goal in reading comprehension instruction is nothing short of helping students learn to think in increasingly sophisticated ways. A masterful teacher and coach, Hoyt takes us inside her thinking about how instructional strategies fit together to promote student learning. Even if you have a well-worn copy of the original Revisit, Reflect, Retell, you will, like me, want to scoop up this new edition.
- Nell K. Duke
Co-Director of the Literacy Achievement Research Center at Michigan State University, Coauthor of Reading and Writing Informational Text in the Primary Grades: Research-based Practices
For ten years and in hundreds of thousands of classrooms, Revisit, Reflect, Retell has been a teacher's most reliableresourcefor helping students experience deeper levels of understanding. Now, Linda Hoyt returns with an updated edition of Revisit, Reflect, Retell that's loaded with new, teacher-friendly features and several new strategies, making it more useful than ever.
- A new first chapter shows how to scaffold instruction for deep engagement and provides a thorough grounding in the research.
- Important new correlation tables directly link Linda's strategies to the seven comprehension strands as well as to Robert Marzano's Classifications of Thinking - you'll quickly match the right strategies to your objectives.
- A DVD shares footage of Linda working with students, demonstrating key teaching moves, and modeling effective classroom language as she implements two new strategies.
- A CD of full-color learning tools from the text makes it easy to customize and print handouts that correspond with the strategies.
- Dozens of new photos show you exactly what Linda's strategies look like in action and across the grades.
Revisit, Reflect, Retell, Updated Edition, is a full year of top-notch comprehension instruction in one amazingly teacher-friendly package. Whether you're a new teacher or one of Linda's legions of loyal readers, you'll find this updated edition so indispensable it may never leave your desk.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION