How To Read Ethnography
- Publish Date: 2006-12-14
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Paloma Gay y Blasco;Huon Wardle;Paloma Gay y Blasco
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
How to Read Ethnography is an invaluable guide to approaching anthropological texts. Laying bare the central conventions of ethnographic writing, it helps students to develop a critical understanding of texts and explains how to identify and analyse the core ideas in order to apply these ideas to other areas of study. Above all it enables students to read ethnographies anthropologically and to develop an anthropological imagination of their own. Combining lucid explanations with selections from key texts, this excellent guide is ideal reading for those new to the subject or in need of a refresher course.
- Includes excerpts from key ethnographies
- Offers balanced and progressive reader activities and exercises
- Provides reading exercises, a glossary and full chapter summaries
- Teaches an independent approach to the study of anthropology
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION