500 Common Chinese Idioms: An Annotated Frequency Dictionary
- Publish Date: 2011-01-23
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Liwei Jiao;Cornelius C. Kubler;Weiguo Zhang
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
500 Common Chinese Idioms is the ideal tool for all intermediate to advanced learners of Chinese. Based on large corpora of authentic language data, it presents the 500 most commonly used Chinese idioms or chengyu, along with a variety of synonyms, antonyms and the most common structures, enabling the reader to make educated guesses about the meanings of hundreds of unfamiliar idioms.
Key features include:
- the idiom in both simplified and traditional characters
- a literal English translation and English equivalents
- two suitable example sentences, plus explanations and usage notes
- a Pinyin index and stroke order index.
This practical dictionary is suitable both for class use and independent study and will be of interest to students and teachers of Chinese alike.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION