Social Entrepreneurship: How To Start Successful Corporate Social Responsibility And Community-Based Initiatives For Advocacy And Change
- Publish Date: 2009-11-22
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Manuel London;Richard G. Morfopoulos
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
What motivates someone to become a social entrepreneur? What are the competencies needed to be effective social advocates and agents for change? This book answers these questions in an accessible and practical way, providing comprehensive guidelines, numerous examples, and sources of information and training for anyone who wants to start a community-based social advocacy and change initiative or for employees who want to start a corporate social responsibility initiative.
Features include the following:
- examples of individuals and organizations who have learned from successes and failures in social entrepreneurship
- self-assessments to help readers evaluate their own talents and proclivity to be social entrepreneurs
- steps and strategies, competency-building activities, and assessments to evaluate and facilitate initiatives
- resources available from foundations, government agencies, and other sources for the budding social entrepreneur
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION