Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Synthesizing biomedicine and traditional acupuncture, this unique clinical manual allows medical professionals to learn acupuncture and implement it immediately into practice with ease. Biomedical Acupuncture for Pain Management explains the biomedical mechanism of acupuncture, as well as the non-specific nature of acupuncture and its neuro-psycho-immunological modulation. This straightford system of acupuncture termed INMAS by the authors provides a quantitative method to predict the effectiveness of treatment for each patient and an individually adjustable protocol for pain patients.
- Introduction to the Integrative Neuromuscular Acupoint System (INMAS), as well as the Homeostatic Acupoint System (HAS), help western-trained acupuncturists understand classical techniques
- A 16-point evaluation method provides a reliable quantitative method to accurately arrive at prognosis
- Clinically relevant, integrative treatment approach in user-friendly language
- Numerous detailed tables, photos, and line drawings to help readers understand the anatomy, symptomatic signs, and clinical procedures
- Clear chapters organized by regional condition for easy readability and flow
- Case studies to assist with application of concepts in clinical practice
- Unique, clinical procedures for pain management with sections on examination and needling methods
- Two appendices for quick reference of acronyms, abbreviations, and the 24 homeostatic acupoints
- Up-to-date information on the latest techniques, including a chapter on electroacupuncture
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION