Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Using Visual Basic 2015, developers can build cutting-edge applications that run practically anywhere: on Windows desktops, new Windows 10 devices, in mobile and cloud environments, and beyond. Visual Basic 2015 Unleashed is the most comprehensive, practical reference to modern programming with VB 2015.
Long-time Visual Basic MVP Alessandro Del Sole walks you through the latest version of the language, helping you thoroughly master its most valuable features, most powerful programming techniques, and most effective development patterns. Next, he shows how to use Visual Basic 2015 to build robust, effective software in a wide range of environments.
Extensively updated for Visual Basic 2015s major improvements, this guide covers both Visual Basic 2015 Professional Edition for professional developers and the free Community Edition for hobbyists, novices, and students. Del Sole has added detailed coverage of building new universal Windows apps for Windows 10 and using new Visual Studio 2015 capabilities to supercharge your productivity as a developer. If you want to leverage all of VB 2015s power, this is the book you need.
Detailed information on how to...
- Understand the Visual Studio 2015 IDE, .NET Framework 4.6 and the new .NET Core 5, and the anatomy of a VB 2015 application
- Debug VB applications and implement error handling and exceptions
- Keep your code clean and well-organized with VB 2015s new refactoring tools
- Master modern VB object development: namespaces, modules, structures, enums, inheritance, interfaces, generics, delegates, events, collections, iterators, and more
- Share Visual Basic code with Portable Class Libraries and Shared Projects
- Access data with LINQ and ADO.NET Entity Framework
- Manipulate XML documents with LINQ and XML Literals
- Build and deploy applications to run in the Microsoft Azure cloud
- Develop universal Windows apps that run on any Windows 10 device
- Use advanced .NET 4.6 platform capabilities, including async and parallel programming, multithreading, assemblies, reflection, and coding attributes
- Leverage new compiler APIs to write custom domain-specific live code analysis rules
- Test code with unit tests and TDD
- Deploy apps efficiently with InstallShield for Visual Studio and ClickOnce
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION