Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Positional Release Techniques continues to be the go-to resource for those who want to easily learn and confidently use this manual approach to safely manage pain and dysfunction in humans (and animals). As well as a structural revision, the fourth edition now includes new illustrations and chapters with videos and an image bank on a companion website to reinforce knowledge.
At its core, the book explores the principles and modalities of the different forms of positional release techniques and their application which range from the original strain/counterstrain method to various applications in physical therapy, such as McKenzies exercise protocols and kinesio-taping methods that unload tissues. These methods are traced from their historical roots up to their current practice with a showcase of emerging research and evidence.
In addition to a series of problem-solving clinical descriptions supported by photos of assessment and treatment methods, learning is further boosted by practical exercises which examine PRT methodology and the mechanics of their use.
- Emphasises safety and usefulness in both acute and chronic settings
- Comprehensive coverage of all methods of spontaneous release by positioning
- Easy to follow and extensively illustrated
- Balanced synopsis of concepts and clinical-approach models throughout
- Learning supported by problem-solving clinical descriptions and practical exercises in the book as well as videos and downloadable images on the companion website - www.chaitowpositionalrelease.com
- Revised content structure
- New chapters including:
- Strain/counterstrain research
- Positional release and fascia
- Balanced ligamentous tension techniques
- Visceral positional release: the counterstrain model
- Redrawn and new artwork
- Companion website www.chaitowpositionalrelease.com containing videos that demonstrate application of PRTs and bank of downloadable images
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION