Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
From the author and series editor of the immensely popular ADMINISTRATOR'S POCKET CONSULTANT series from Microsoft Press-this pocket-size guide delivers fast, accurate answers on the spot for IT professionals.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant, 2nd Edition is the ideal concise, immediate reference you'll want with you at all times as you deal with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 administration. Whether you handle administration for 50 users or 5000, this hands-on, fast answers guide focuses on what you need to do to get the job done quickly. With extensive easy-to-read tables, lists, and step-by-step instructions, it's the portable, readable guide that you consistently save you time and minimize system downtime by giving you the right information right now. Get fast facts to:
- Plan, deploy, and configure SQL Server 2008 R2
- Administer server and surface security, access, and network configuration
- Import, export, transform, and replicate data
- Use SQL Server Management Studio for core administrative tasks
- Manipulate schemas, tables, indexes, and views
- Automate maintenance and implement policy-based management
- Monitor server activity and tune performance
- Manage log shipping and database mirroring
- Perform backups and recovery
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION