Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Strategic Management in the International Hospitality Industry: content and process, is a vital text for all those studying cutting edge theories and views on strategic management. Unlike others textbooks in this area, it goes further than merely contextualising strategic management for hospitality and tourism, and avoids using a prescriptive, or descriptive approach. It looks instead, at the latest in strategic thinking and theories, and provides critical and analytical discussion as to how and if these models and theories can be applied to the industry, within specific contexts such as culture, profit and non-profit organisations.
- Cutting edge approach: applies advance and recent strategic management views into tourism and hospitality field.
- Critical treatment: provides critical discussions about whether and how strategic models/theories can be applied into the hospitality and tourism field.
- Sensitive to specific contexts: As the tourism and hospitality industry has become one of the largest industries worldwide, discusses how strategic management concepts can be applied in different cultures and profit and non-profit tourism organizations.
- With supporting case studies related to the strategy content, context and process, from international industries such as Radisson, McDonalds, Carnival Cruiselines and Disney, this text consist of five main sections: introduction, strategy content, strategy context, strategy process and cases. Each of the chapters within these sections has a thorough pedagogic structure consisting of a bulleted introduction, examples and vignettes, discussions points, exercises, case studies and further reading and web sites.
Strategic Management in the International Hospitality and Tourism Industry: content and process also provides online support material for tutors and students, in the form of guidelines for instructors on how to use the textbook, PowerPoint presentations and case studies plus additional exercises and web links for students.
* Comprehensive coverage of both traditional and contemporary perspectives within strategic management in the applied context of the international hospitality and tourism industry.
* Critical discussions about whether and how strategic models/theories can be applied into the hospitality and tourism field.
* Up-to-date case studies related to the strategy content, context and process from an international overview, including Carnival Cruiselines, Four Seasons Regent Hotels, Disney and McDonalds.
* Web Support for tutors and students providing explanation and guidelines for instructors on how to use the textbook, and case studies with additional exercises and web links for students.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION