- Publish Date: 2006-01-24
- Binding: Loose Leaf
- Author: BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES CURRICULUM STUDIES
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
An Inquiry-Based Textbook for Non-Majors
Biological Perspectives presents active, collaborative, and inquiry-based instruction for non-majors by providing a variety of experiences that challenge students to think, discuss, and write about information they are learning.
Biological Perspectives uses innovative learning strategies. Students are actively engaged in learning from each other, encouraging joint intellectual effort. Suggested teaching strategies are provided for both in- and out-of-class assignments.
Key Features of Biological Perspectives:
- Flexible, looseleaf format promotes active student engagement.
- Three thematic units represent expanding perspectives from organism to population to biosphere levels-
The Medical Examination
Legacies of Life
Conserving the Commons
- Basics About sections provide basic biological concepts.
- The Commons Perspective features guide students to consult the CD-ROM provided with each book.
- Internet Links to Enrich Your Perspective are provided for supplemental reference.
- Another Perspective paragraphs describe how the structure and function of cells, organs, and the body systems in non-humans help solve the same problems that humans face.
- Thinking Biologically lab manual containing 14 inquiry-oriented investigations is available.
Visit the Book's FAQs
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION