Cliffsnotes On Jacobs' Incidents In The Life Of A Slave Girl (Cliffsnotes Literature Guides)
- Publish Date: 2000-06-05
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Durthy A. Washington
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
With help from CliffsNotes on Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, you explore the first book-length narrative by an ex-slave that reveals the unique brutalities inflicted on enslaved African women in the South.
The chapter summaries and commentaries in this study guide expose you to a harrowing story of degradation and sexual exploitation; the struggle for freedom and self-definition; community and family; and writing as a means of freedom. Other features that help you study include
- An in-depth look at the life of the author, Harriet A. Jacobs
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays
- Glossaries of key words and terms
- A review section that tests your knowledge
Classic literature or modern-day treasureyou'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION