Infusing Grammar Into The Writer'S Workshop: A Guide For K-6 Teachers
- Publish Date: 2015-08-20
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Amy Benjamin;Barbara Golub
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Help your students improve their language skills and become stronger readers and writers. In this timely book, literacy experts Amy Benjamin and Barbara Golub offer best practices for fortifying the writers workshop model with meaningful, relevant instruction in grammar.
The book answers questions such as
- What does a writers workshop look like and how does it fit into balanced literacy models? How does grammar fit into a writers workshop?
- How can you use natural language acquisition to transition children from non-Standard to Standard English patterns?
- How can you teach students to identify a complete sentence?
- What are effective ways to teach parts of speech?
- How can you build on nouns and verbs to teach adjectives, adverbs, prepositional phrases, and dependent clauses?
In each chapter, youll find out exactly what teaching the targeted concept looks like in a workshop classroom. Examples are provided for different grade levels and can be adapted as necessary to meet your needs.
This book is a No-Worksheet Zone. Youll learnhow to present grammar using authentic text and talk, leading to more durable learning.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION