Dictatorship In South America
- Publish Date: 2013-04-01
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Jerry Dvila
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Dictatorship in South America explores the experiences of Brazilian, Argentine and Chilean experience under military rule.
- Presents a single-volume thematic study that explores experiences with dictatorship as well as their social and historical contexts in Latin America
- Examines at the ideological and economic crossroads that brought Argentina, Brazil and Chile under the thrall of military dictatorship
- Draws on recent historiographical currents from Latin America to read these regimes as radically ideological and inherently unstable
- Makes a close reading of the economic trajectory from dependency to development and democratization and neoliberal reform in language that is accessible to general readers
- Offers a lively and readable narrative that brings popular perspectives to bear on national histories
Selected as a 2014 Outstanding Academic Title by CHOICE
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION