Halliday'S Introduction To Functional Grammar
- Publish Date: 2013-09-21
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Michael Halliday;Christian Matthiessen
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Fully updated and revised, this fourth edition of Halliday's Introduction to Functional Grammar explains the principles of systemic functional grammar, enabling the reader to understand and apply them in any context. Halliday's innovative approach of engaging with grammar through discourse has become a worldwide phenomenon in linguistics.
Updates to the new edition include:
- Recent uses of systemic functional linguistics to provide further guidance for students, scholars and researchers
- More on the ecology of grammar, illustrating how each major system serves to realise a semantic system
- A systematic indexing and classification of examples
- More from corpora, thus allowing for easy access to data
Halliday's Introduction to Functional Grammar, Fourth Edition, is the standard reference text for systemic functional linguistics and an ideal introduction for students and scholars interested in the relation between grammar, meaning and discourse.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION