Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Philosophy of Mind introduces readers to one of the liveliest fields in contemporary philosophy by discussing mind-body problems and the various solutions to them. It provides a detailed yet balanced overview of the entire field that enables readers to jump immediately into current debates.
- Treats a wide range of mind-body theories and arguments in a fair and balanced way
- Shows how developments in neuroscience, biology, psychology, and cognitive science have impacted mind-body debates
- Premise-by-premise arguments for and against each position enable readers to grasp the structure of each argument quickly and easily
- Diagrams and illustrations help readers absorb the more complex ideas
- Bibliographic essays at the end of each chapter bring readers up to date on the latest literature
- Written in a clear, easy to read style that is free of technical jargon, and highly accessible to a broad readership
- The only book to explain systematically how a hylomorphic theory such as Aristotles can contribute to current mind-body debates and vie with current mind-body theories
- Online chapters on free will and the philosophy of persons make the book a flexible teaching tool for general and introductory philosophy courses - available at www.wiley.com/go/jaworski
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION