Robotic Exploration Of The Solar System: Part 4: The Modern Era 2004 2013 (Springer Praxis Books)
- Publish Date: 2014-09-16
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Paolo Ulivi;David M. Harland
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
In Robotic Exploration of the Solar System, Paolo Ulivi and David Harland provide a comprehensive account of the design and management of deep-space missions, the spacecraft involved some flown, others not their instruments, and their scientific results.
This fourth volume in the series covers the period 2004 to the present day and features:
- coverage of the Rosetta and Curiosity missions up to the end of 2013
- coverage of Mars missions since 2005, including the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Phoenix and Fobos-Grunt, plus a description of plans for future robotic exploration of the Red Planet
- coverage of all planetary missions launched between 2004 and 2013, including the Deep Impact cometary mission, the MESSENGER Mercury orbiter, the New Horizons Pluto flyby and the Juno Jupiter orbiter
- the first complete description of the Chinese Change 2 asteroid flyby mission ever published
- extensive coverage of future missions, including the European BepiColombo Mercury orbiter and international plans to revisit the most interesting moons of Jupiter and Saturn.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION