Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Now in Its Fourth Edition: Your Guide to Successful Facility Design
Overcome design and planning problems using the fourth edition of Facilities Design. Dedicated to the proper design, layout, and location of facilities, this definitive guide outlines the main design and operational problems that occur in manufacturing and service systems, explains the significance of facility design and planning problems, and describes how mathematical models can be used to help analyze and solve them. Combining theory with practice, this revised work presents state-of-the-art topics in materials handling, warehousing, and logistics along with real-world examples that emphasize the importance of modeling and analysis when determining a solution to complex facility design problems.
Whats New in the Fourth Edition:
The latest version introduces new material that includes handling equipment and systems, and presents relevant case studies in each and every chapter. It also provides access to Layout-iQ software, data files for many of the numerical examples that are contained throughout the book, and PowerPoint files for various chapters.
Additionally, the author:
- Describes tools commonly used for presenting layout designs
- Presents traditional models for facility layout including the popular systematic layout planning (SLP) model in detail
- Provides a layout project involving the SLP model
- Covers group technology and cellular manufacturing at the elementary level
- Includes a project and case study on machine grouping and layout
- Considers next-generation factory layouts
- Discusses analytical queuing and queuing network models, and more
Facilities Design, Fourth Editionexplains the ins and outs of facility planning and design. A reference for both student and professional, the book addresses facilities design and layout problems in manufacturing systems and covers layout, logistics, supply chain, warehousing, and materials handling.
Please visit the authors website for ancillary materials: http://sundere.okstate.edu/downloadable-software-programs-and-data-files.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION