T-Sql Fundamentals (3Rd Edition)
- Publish Date: 2016-08-13
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Itzik Ben-Gan
Free Shipping On All Orders(Domestic Only).
Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible.
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Effectively query and modify data using Transact-SQL
Master T-SQL fundamentals and write robust code for Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL Database. Itzik Ben-Gan explains key T-SQL concepts and helps you apply your knowledge with hands-on exercises. The book first introduces T-SQLs roots and underlying logic. Next, it walks you through core topics such as single-table queries, joins, subqueries, table expressions, and set operators. Then the book covers more-advanced data-query topics such as window functions, pivoting, and grouping sets. The book also explains how to modify data, work with temporal tables, and handle transactions, and provides an overview of programmable objects.
Microsoft Data Platform MVP Itzik Ben-Gan shows you how to:
- Review core SQL concepts and its mathematical roots
- Create tables and enforce data integrity
- Perform effective single-table queries by using the SELECT statement
- Query multiple tables by using joins, subqueries, table expressions, and set operators
- Use advanced query techniques such as window functions, pivoting, and grouping sets
- Insert, update, delete, and merge data
- Use transactions in a concurrent environment
- Get started with programmable objectsfrom variables and batches to user-defined functions, stored procedures, triggers, and dynamic SQL
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION