Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Time-tested classical techniques--the imitation and analysis of great writers--combined with original composition exercises in history, science, biography, and literatureThe Student Workbook encourages independent composition, while the Instructor Text contains easy-to-use supporting information for the teacher, rubrics for grading, sample compositions, and dialogue to use while teaching. Together, the Student Workbook and Instructor Text provide a full year of middle-grade writing instruction, preparing students to enter high-level rhetoric.
- One- and two-level outlining
- Writing chronological narratives, biographical sketches, descriptions, and sequences across the curriculum
- Constructing basic literary essays on fiction and poetry
- Researching and documenting source material
- First volume of four that will prepare students for high-level rhetoric and composition
Features of the program:
- Writing assignments are modeled on examples from great literature and classic nonfiction
- All source material for assignments is providedno other books are needed
- This Student Workbook encourages independence by directing all assignments to the student
- Instructor Text (sold separately) provides scripted dialogue to use when the student has difficulty, plus detailed guidance on how to evaluate the students work
- Second volume of four that will prepare students for high-level rhetoric and composition
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION