Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
This compact, richly illustrated text presents a uniquely visual representation of the procedures interventionalists need to master to perform peripheral vascular interventions successfully. Written and illustrated by a skilled practitioner with many years of hands-on clinical experience, it shares his knowledge, advice, and techniques, giving readers the sense of sitting side-by-side with him at the angiography table.
- More than 570 instructive, fully labeled schematic drawings showing the sequence of steps in common peripheral vascular interventions (excluding the vessels of the heart)
- Covers the physiologic, anatomic, and technical fundamentals of procedures undertaken in the abdomen and lower and upper extremities
- Includes detailed information on materials (e.g., stents, guidewires, cannulas, sheaths, and balloon and angiography catheters) and methods (e.g., retrograde and antegrade catheterization of the femoral artery, crossover catheterization, venous access, angiography, stent placement, local thrombolysis, and much more)
- Focuses on procedures chosen for their clinical relevance and frequency of occurrence in everyday practice
- Shares the author's wealth of clinical experience in time-saving tips, tricks, warning signs, risks, complications, and hazards to avoid
Especially for the beginning interventional radiologist, but also for the more experienced practitioner who wants to optimize procedures, this book provides he didactic visual examples and descriptions to perform interventions confidently and successfully. It is an ideal reference and refresher for residents, fellows, and practitioners in radiology and interventional radiology, vascular surgery, and angiology.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION